Search This Blog

Thursday 6 May 2010

Story board &explanation for 1st continuity

Below is a storyboard for the my first continuity, despite my poor drawing i hope the illustration comes across clear....if not i shall explain.

First we have a pan from a low angle then a mid shot of Sue-Ann and I(1), then two shot of Sue-Ann trying to get Bobbies attention as she listens to music(2), Sue Ann is then seen talking from a canted angle(3) then a extreme close up of Bobbie is seen(4), then a spin as the camera is Sue-Ann's eyes to a two shot of Alberto and I(5) and lastly credits(6).

I've taken a lot of consideration into our first continuity with the camera compositions,angles and movements such as the pan from a low angle to Sue-Ann and I illustrates a sense of activity as we are speaking prior to the pan, then the ECU of Bobbie is to allow the audience to focus on Bobbie letting them know she is speaking, i also like the spin movement the camera will do coming from Sue-Ann's perspective-creating the illusion of power.

This scene will be shot within the sixth form common room in our schools building as its a friendly location and ties in well with the continuity as its a group of college friends talking, we also aim to have the characters in jeans/casual wear to contribute to the illusion of college life and a "typical teens" choice of wear.

I plan to edit and do a transition in the 3rd scene from Sue-Ann's canted angle to Bobbies ECU this is to allow a smooth transition and maybe cover up any potential bad jump cuts.

I also plan to have some diegetic sound of Bobbie playing music through her headphones and ambient sound of Alberto and I talking all to contribute towards the clips aim of re creating a college life atmosphere.


No comments:

Post a Comment